Ziller Electric Inc | Interactive Generac Generator Forum  

Go Back   Ziller Electric Inc | Interactive Generac Generator Forum > Generac Generator Tech Talk > Installation Talk

Installation Talk Questions/Concerns and help involving the installation of a Guardian Automatic Generator

Old January 6th, 2009   #11
ohmslaw

Default Condensate or sediment

NYS gas code forbids drips in areas subject to freezing, but requires sediment traps. I was not installing drip legs for a while but I am tired of arguing with the propane suppliers so I started installing them again. I guess the question I have is the trap a Drip or sediment trap? A drip could fill with water and freeze. I have never seen or heard of it happening but our gas code does acknowledge that it could happen.
Tim
ohmslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009   #12
hkiefus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Myers View Post
No condensation trap or shutoff valve at the genset?
Nope, it's electrical.
hkiefus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009   #13
hkiefus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmslaw View Post
NYS gas code forbids drips in areas subject to freezing, but requires sediment traps. I was not installing drip legs for a while but I am tired of arguing with the propane suppliers so I started installing them again. I guess the question I have is the trap a Drip or sediment trap? A drip could fill with water and freeze. I have never seen or heard of it happening but our gas code does acknowledge that it could happen.
Tim
Isn't the drip leg obvious on the generator end? I think it's a little less obvious on the meter side. The local Vectren guru came out to personally do my meter install and was kind enough to hang around for my work, which he approved.
Old January 7th, 2009   #14
Ira

I see five conductors going into the conduit on the right hand side of the box (the load side of the ATS). What's with the one that goes from that conduit to the smaller middle conduit? Does that go to a ground rod?
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009   #15
hkiefus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post
I see five conductors going into the conduit on the right hand side of the box (the load side of the ATS). What's with the one that goes from that conduit to the smaller middle conduit? Does that go to a ground rod?
Battery charge circuit and ground from main panel.